Thursday, May 22, 2014

Charlie Parr; May 22, 2014; The Shitty Barn

I love everything about the Shitty Barn in Spring Green, well except for the mosquitoes, and the fact that most of their shows on Wednesdays.  Wednesday is my volleyball night, and I am ridiculously loyal to my team.  So I was happy to see that two of their three non-Wednesday night shows were bands I really wanted to see.  The first of these was Charlie Parr.  I had first seen Parr opening for Ha Ha Tonka at Club Garibaldi in Milwaukee.  It didn't make much sense then, and seeing him play the second of two sold out shows to a silent crowd in Spring Green, it made even less sense.  His resonator guitar and banjo playing is addictive, his voice otherworldly, and his banter front porch swing charming.  This was the ideal setting for him.



No comments: