Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Communion with the Whigs, Field Report and the Water Liars; October 15, 2015; The Frequency

It's a well-known, and somewhat embarrassing, fact that I am ridiculously devoted to my Wednesday night volleyball team.  When the choice comes between seeing a band I love and playing, volleyball almost always wins (I claim it's so that my team doesn't know how good they are without me).  However, if the Water Liars hadn't just been at my house a few months earlier, I definitely would have gotten a sub tonight.  I hurried down there as fast as I could after our match only to find that they had just finished.  It wasn't a total waste of time, I still got to see the always-earnest Field Report (a great Wisconsin band making a name for themselves) and the powerhouse rock of the Whigs.  Both were good, but I would have traded them for a couple Water Liars songs, or a handful of magic beans.

The Whigs




No comments: